With a little help from volunteers, small budget orchestras can put together grand fundraising events. From a Gold Book Award winning Music Marathon to a gigantic vinyl sales, to a huge used book sales, fundraising speaks volume for the Kichener-Waterloo, Kingston and Brantford orchestras. Can you imagine raising $73,000 selling used books? It requires lots of books, and therefore lots of space and lots of volunteers.
This panel was presented on January 11, 2015, during “Orchestrating Success,” a conference for small budget orchestras organized thanks to support from the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
- Dee Sprung and Joan Ang, Kitchener-Waterloo
- David Notman, Vinyl Record Sale and two more, Kingston
- Joann Alho, Brantford, 50 years of a Used Book Sale, Brantford
- Kitchener-Waterloo Music Marathon – presentation and handouts
- Kingston Vinyl Records Sale – presentation