FACULTY POSITION OPPORTUNITY
Job Title: Professor, Music – Woodwinds and Brass
Division/Department: School of Creative Arts, Design, and Music
Reporting To: Dean
Salary: $83.79 – $145.36 per hour (Based on experience and education)
Competition #: 18-PTR-49
Campus: Barrydowne (Sudbury)
Status: Part-time/sessional; 6-18 hours/week
Posting Date: July 23, 2018
Closing Date: Until Filled
Cambrian College’s School of Creative Arts, Design, and Music requires a part-time Professor to teach wind courses and theory beginning September 2018 until May 2019.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Teach students wind class, wind and brass majors and minors, performance class, wind and brass pedagogy, intermediate and advanced harmony, and music theory.
– Conduct the wind and brass ensemble.
– Perform at recitals.
– Recruit and retain students in the music area, as well as assist in building and expanding Cambrian College’s Music program.
– Master’s degree in Music, or equivalent. (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application.)
– Three years of solo performing and teaching experience.
– Must have a background as a brass or woodwind specialist and have strong working knowledge of all wind instruments.
– Proficiency in theory, as well as either conducting experience, concert band experience, or theory specialization with strong performance skills in woodwinds or brass.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and superior oral and written communication skills.
– Ability to be an effective role model in the classroom.
– Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches as well as current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student progress.
– Possess good organizational skills and sound computer software skills.
– Ability to function within a team environment.
– Strong piano proficiency.
– Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
– Postsecondary degree in Music or equivalent.
* Candidates selected for an interview will be required to perform a short recital, demonstrate instrumental teaching ability through two mini-instructional lessons, demonstrate theoretical teaching ability through a theory lesson, and conduct a short wind ensemble excerpt to demonstrate conducting ability.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.
|Job Category||Bassoon, Brass, Clarinet, Conductors, Flute, Horn, Oboe, Teaching, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Winds|