PATRON SERVICES AND BOX OFFICE COORDINATOR
Windsor Symphony Orchestra Windsor, Ontario, Canada
The Windsor Symphony Orchestra has an immediate opening for the Coordinator of Patron Services and Box Office.
The Patron Services and Box Office Coordinator plays an important role within the Windsor Symphony Orchestra, with responsibility for functions that support growth in earned revenue and donations. The Coordinator has primary responsibility for the box office and ticket sales, delivering the highest standard of customer service with the utmost attention to detail, and is the primary point of contact for many individual donors and sponsors.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• Strong customer service skills—must be able to communicate positively with patrons and donors to establish their needs efficiently and courteously.
• Demonstrated sound organizational skills and the proven ability and experience meeting concurrent/overlapping deadlines.
• Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel. Database experience a plus.
• Strong math aptitude and ability to attend to detail.
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate with the public, other employees and volunteers.
• Proven job reliability, diligence, and dedication.
• Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education and Experience:
• College diploma, university degree, or equivalent in Arts Administration, Business, Marketing, or a related discipline.
• Ideally, a minimum of 2 years’ experience working directly with the public in a sales or service capacity.
• Communications, Records Management, Sales.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Patron Services and Box Office Coordinator reports to the Director of Sales, Marketing and Communications.
• Implement and participate in all box office operations including ticket order processing and fulfillment for subscriptions, single tickets, gift certificates, exchanges, and refunds.
• Provide service to WSO customers and donors at the Box office, via phone, internet, and mail in a manner that exemplifies the WSO brand.
• Prepare subscription and single ticket renewal packages including preparation of mailing lists, the generation of printed materials and mailing labels.
• Handle special arrangements for tickets, including group sales, complimentary tickets, and consignment orders.
• Work with the Manager of Sales, Marketing, and Communications to increase sales through the development of flyers, vouchers, online promotional pieces and other outbound sales strategies.
• Troubleshoot all ticket sales activities and resolve all issues regarding ticket sales, within the policies and parameters of the WSO.
• Receive payments in cash, debit, and credit; perform daily reconciliation.
• Maintain the inventory of all box office supplies.
• Train staff/volunteers and oversee use of WSO’s ticketing system by third parties for sales of tickets through the Capitol Theatre
Development & Donor Services:
• Working with the Fund Development Manager, prepare mailing lists for Direct Mail campaigns.
• Coordinate the receipt and processing of charitable contributions and sponsorships, including data entry and issuance of tax receipts.
Information and Data Management:
• Maintain all CRM data bases, including entering new patrons, deleting inactive patrons and making updates as new information becomes available.
• Produce reports for use by Sales and other Departments, customizing information as required to increase knowledge of WSO audiences, to build patron loyalty and to improve revenue from charitable donations.
• Ensure security and data protection for all ticketing and donor services
• Input and maintain WSO website
• Coordinate with Capitol Theatre Manager regarding on-line postings, website updates and electronic community bulletin boards
ABOUT THE WSO:
The Windsor Symphony Orchestra (WSO) has spanned three generations, with its roots in the boom years of the 1940’s to its present incarnation as the nation’s most dynamic regional orchestra. In 1941, Ernest Rennie, a staff musician at CKLW, formed the Windsor Concert Orchestra to raise funds for local servicemen serving overseas.
Today, the WSO reaches more listeners than at any time in its history. The orchestra’s commitment to excellence and its consistent emphasis on education and community outreach have galvanized a new generation of music lovers in Windsor-Essex and will continue to bring inspired music-making to our region in the future. Through the Masterworks, Pops, and the Intimate Classics Series, WSO audiences enjoy the great masterpieces of the orchestral canon, the lighter fare of Broadway, dance and big band and the variety of classical styles for smaller ensembles. In addition to its commitment to the performance of classical compositions and to a core of musicians who create the music, the WSO is further committed to advancing the careers of Canadian artists, musicians, and composers. This commitment is reflected in the programming choices of the orchestra, which includes tried and true audience favourites, lesser known gems, and new music. For more information on the WSO, visit www.windsorsymphony.com.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume with a list of references to:
Sheila Wisdom, Executive Director
Windsor Symphony Orchestra
121 University Avenue
Windsor, ON N9A 5P4
Please include “Job Posting, Patron Services and Box Office Coordinator” in the subject line in online applications.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.