Events & Hospitality Coordinator (part-time, three days per week)
Job Description & Qualifications
Join a dynamic and expanding team in one of Canada’s most high-profile and innovative musical ensembles.
We are seeking an energetic, experienced and collaborative individual to plan, coordinate and execute events and hospitality services for Tafelmusik’s audiences and donors.
Reporting to the Development Director and working closely with the Operations Coordinator, the ideal candidate will have a proven track-record in related roles and experience in project management and event administration.
The successful candidate will be a creative, highly organized and accountable. A flexible schedule and evening hours will be required.
Tafelmusik is an internationally acclaimed, thriving organization with an exciting artistic vision, and a warm, supportive and collaborative team environment. While active on the world-stage, at the core of our work is a series of 50 subscription concerts each season in Toronto. Tafelmusik has a budget size of $5m, of which a significant $1.2 million is development income. Music Director Elisa Citterio has recently joined the organization in fall of 2018 and along with the Management team, is bringing exciting new leadership and vision to the organization.
The position serves as an integral part of a small Development Team and works closely with operations, outreach and front-of-house.
The incumbent is responsible for the oversight, planning and implementation of hospitality services during Tafelmusik intermissions, pre/post concert receptions and artist hospitality in addition to event planning and coordination for a variety of public and fundraising events including donor stewardship events, and audience development activities.
– Develop timelines and plans, including identifying key partner and stakeholder roles
– Acts as point person on-site for hospitality services at Trinity St. Paul Centre concerts and outreach events
– Hires and supervises kitchen assistant
– Ensure high quality of intermission food & drink service sales including friendly and prompt staffing from volunteers and staff
– Identify roles and schedule volunteers and staff
– Seeks out and maintains good relationships with high quality, low expense vendors
– Maintain high standard of cleanliness and maintains equipment and well-organized storage facilitates
– Facilitate deliveries, pick-ups etc
– Coordinates supplies, equipment, drinks and food for intermission
– Directs the arrangement and strike of the physical set-up
– Develop creative and meaningful events
– Acts as lead for receptions and events, including but not exclusive to donor receptions, outreach activities (i.e. Listening Club, pre-concert chats) organizational social events.
– Apply and issue liquor licenses
– Creates welcoming ambiance with décor, food and drink in a cost-effective manner
– Coordinate and maintains inventory and storage of supplies, equipment, décor, drinks (alcohol included) and food
– Facilitates deliveries, pick-up of supplies etc
– Assign and clarify roles for volunteers and staff
– Work collaboratively with other members of the organization, including but not exclusive to operations, marketing, development and musicians
– Along with the appropriate department, strategize, plan and execute cultivation, stewardship reception & events in order to develop donor affinity with the orchestra
– Be an active team player in large scale organizational events, such as Season Launch.
– Flexibility to shift focus as required with changing priorities and support team members to achieve objectives
– Key contact on site for events and hospitality
– Develop plans & timelines in order to coordinate multiple priorities
– Be mindful of progress to timelines and budget goals and course correct accordingly
– Tracks expenses, processes payment and maintains accounting records
– Other duties as notified by the Development Director
– Demonstrable track record in event coordination, with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in planning and implementing
– Proven success in project management and related tools
– Highly detailed oriented, with the ability to course correct as required
– Team player with superb people skills and experience in coordinating diverse groups
– Skilled at Microsoft Office with particular expertise in Excel
– Ability to lift and carry objects up to 15 kg
– Class G drivers license and access to vehicle
– Flexible work schedule, including evening and weekend hours
– Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
– Up to date training in SmartServe and First Aid
– Production management experience and asset
– Knowledge of classical music & the performing arts scene in the GTA
– Affection for church cats
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is currently a part-time, one year contract, based on three days/week with the intent of becoming full-time the following year. Note that hours will be flexible and overtime will be compensated with time of, in particular in the summer months. Additionally, the Tafelmusik offices are generally closed for up to 10 days over the holiday period.
Please note that there is an amount of evening and weekend work.
Salary and vacation are competitive, pro-rated to three days a week.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by sending a resume and covering letter with the subject: “Events & Hospitality Coordinator Posting:
Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra & Chamber Choir
427 Bloor Street, Box 14
Toronto, ON M5S 1X7
Application Deadline: July 13, 2018
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted Tafelmusik is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an safe and inclusive environment for all employees.