The 2018 Vancouver Symphony Orchestral Institute at Whistler will be presented from June 24th to July 3rd. Offering young musicians a one-of-a-kind educational experience, the Institute will join together the GRAMMY® and JUNO® award winning VSO with Whistler, one of the world’s finest mountain resorts. Students will be mentored by our world class symphony orchestra during an intensive 10-day program, culminating in two highly anticipated performances of Stravinsky’s Petrouchka, Strauss’ Till Eulenspiegel’s Merry Pranks and Ravel’s Daphnis et Chloé Suite No. 2 by the Whistler Institute Orchestra, led by the VSO’s internationally acclaimed Music Director, Maestro Bramwell Tovey. We are currently accepting applications from advanced students, ages 15-25
The VSO Institute features:
· Participation in the Whistler Institute Orchestra, conducted by Maestro Bramwell Tovey, performing at Whistler Olympic Plaza and at the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts in Vancouver
· A faculty comprised of Vancouver Symphony Orchestra musicians
· A comprehensive chamber music program
· A concerto competition; grand prize winner will perform with the VSO
· Masterclasses, seminars, faculty recitals, student recitals
· Individual and group lessons taught by members of the VSO
· Attendance at rehearsals and performances of the VSO
· Performance opportunities in breathtakingly beautiful Whistler and Vancouver, BC
· Talented young musicians from around the globe
This year, VSOIW students will have an option to apply for the brand new University of British Columbia Chamber Orchestra Festival, featuring an elite, intimate chamber orchestra experience, opportunities for concerto performances, and intensive study for student conductors.
Audition deadline: March 11.
We look forward to welcoming students from around the world for another exciting summer of music making. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter: @VSOIWhistler
|Job Category||Bass, Bassoon, Brass, Cello, Clarinet, Flute, Harp, Horn, Oboe, Percussion, Percussion, Harp, Piano and Organ, Strings, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Viola, Violin, Winds, Youth and Training|