Fees are $150/year.
Designed for Canadian Community Orchestras
BENEFITS OF AFFILIATION WITH ORCHESTRAS CANADA
Directory: All member and associate orchestras are listed in our on-line, searchable directory.
Your orchestra has the option of submitting news items of interest for inclusion in Orchestra News, OC’s weekly e-newsletter.
You can participate in the Inventory of Orchestra Music Libraries, an ever-growing on-line resource that facilitates renting and borrowing of orchestral scores and parts.
You can take part in an email discussion group for community orchestras. Please let us know that you’re interested by emailing info [at] oc [dot] ca.
Support from OC’s Staff Team: OC staff members are available for consultation, by email, phone and in person. We are responsive, and we are dedicated to your orchestra’s success.
Advocacy, for and with Canadian orchestras, and with a particular emphasis on cross-cutting national issues, is a major focus for Orchestras Canada.
Each year, we:
• consult with our professional orchestra members and associates, and reach consensus on key issues and potential solutions;
• prepare and present briefs to Parliamentary committees, MPs and senior policy officials;
• meet regularly with MPs and others to make the case for Canadian orchestras;
• represent orchestras’ interests in consultation exercises that could affect arts, not-for-profit and charitable groups;
• take part in joint action with other groups with complementary interests, including the Performing Arts Alliance, the Canadian Arts Coalition and Imagine Canada.
Annual Comparative Report: Your orchestra has the opportunity to participate in and receive this comprehensive statistical examination of Canada’s orchestral community. Statistics include detail of revenue and expenses, concert and ticket sales data, public and private sector revenue and more.
You can access other research relevant to Canadian orchestras here.
Reduced fee for Job Board Postings – click here for more information.
OC Insurance Program: The Cowan Insurance Group Ltd offers special rates on Directors liability, property, special events and other coverage plans to OC members and associates.
OC members and associates now have access to The Arts & Entertainment Plan®, a health insurance solution consisting of: Extended Health Care (Vision Care, Hospital Rooms, Acupuncture, etc.), Dental Care, Prescription Drugs, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance and Travel Emergency Medical.
* You may opt out of one or more of the benefits at any time. Should you require further information, please contact the Orchestras Canada office at 416.366.8834 or firstname.lastname@example.org.