Hill Strategies Research has just released the latest in its invaluable series of reports, largely drawn from Statistics Canada research, and this one – devoted to cultural participation by Canadians in 2010 – advises that Canadians’ participation in arts, culture and heritage activities reached record levels in 2010.
Among the highlights:
• All Canadians participated in an arts, culture or heritage activity in 2010
• 72.4% attended a performing arts event or a cultural festival in 2010.
• 73.8% visited a heritage venue (including historic sites, zoos, aquariums, botanical gardens, planetariums, observatories, conservation areas and nature parks) in 2010.
• 97.5% read a newspaper, magazine or book in 2010.
• 86.7% listened to downloaded music or music on CDs in 2010.
• 12.6% attended a symphonic or classical music performance (3.5 million people).
You can read more here.